Grilled Cheese Ciabatta Sammich
I love grilled cheese. I have these ciabatta buns. Given the shape, how do I fuse these?
Servings: 1 smallish sammich
- 1 ciabatta bun
- 1 slice American cheese
- 1 slice pepperjack cheese actually, this comes in a very different size, so I used 4 slices to cover the same area as the American
- 2 slices deli roast beef
- 2 slices deli ham
- grated parmesan
- garlic powder
- 4 slices garlic or dill pickles
- Slice the bun in half horizontally, sandiwch style.
- Spread butter on the insides of the bun. Sprinkle the buttered side with garlic powder and parmesan.
- Place the bun halves, butter side down, on a small pan at medium heat.
- Heat until the butter starts turning golden brown.
- Remove from heat and place the buns butter side up on a plate.
- On one bun, place the roast beef and American cheese, cheese on top.
- On the other bun, place the ham and pepperjack, cheese on top.
- Toast both halves in a toaster oven until the cheese is your desired degree of melty. Probably 3-5 minutes if it is preheated.
- Remove from oven, place pickles on one side, and put the buns together.
- EAT IT