Hello Dolly Bars
I don't know why they're called Hello Dollies. But they are fattening and gooey and I love them. So here we are.
Servings: 25 bars, approximately?
- 3/4 cup crushed graham crackers (slightly less than one packet in a box)
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup crushed walnuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Line the bottom of a 9"x9" baking pan with graham cracker crumbs to make a crust.
- Spread the coconut, walnuts, and chocolate morsels in layers on top of the crust.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the whole pan, as evenly as possible.
- Bake for 30 minutes. The mass will be very gooey.
- Chill/cool the bars for about half an hour or until cohesive and no longer crumbly.
- It is tempting to add more chocolate, because chocolate is delicious. However, I have found that it destabilizes the bar.
- It is also tempting to eat before cooling. And as long as you wait for it to cool enough to touch, this is fine, it will just be very very messy. I find patience improves the experience.